The Research Advisory Group is always looking for members who are interested in:
- Working together with other patients and researchers to advise on the Patient and Public Involvement & Engagement strategy
- Providing first-hand knowledge and expertise based on your experience as a patient or carer and a member of the community to help improve and enhance our research and maximise the benefits to patients.
How can I get involved?
- You do not need any previous experience of working with researchers, just a willingness to attend and contribute to advisory group meetings and an enthusiasm to be involved.
- You do need to be a resident of or work in Lambeth, Southwark or Lewisham or a patient of Guy’s and St Thomas’ in the last five years.
- We do ask that you or a family member has participated in a research study or cared for someone who has.
- Full training and support will be provided on how you can help in research.
Where and when will meetings be?
Meetings are held quarterly in London Bridge. All travel, childcare or carer expenses will be reimbursed, and refreshments will be provided.
Our first meeting was held in Spring 2019. You can read the minutes from our meetings below.
Get in touch
If you are interested in finding out more please contact Jacintha McGahon on 020 7188 7188 Ext 53524 or via email.