Join a research study

There are thousands of research studies being carried out both nationally and locally. However, only 21 per cent of people say they would feel very confident about asking their doctor about research opportunities.

We want people to know that it is OK to ask your doctor, nurse or other health worker if you can take part in a clinical trial or a research study.

To find a research project in which you could take part at Guy’s and St Thomas’ hospital, please visit our research studies and clinical trials webpage.

To look at the database of the clinical research trials taking place across the UK please visit the UK Clinical Trials Gateway website.

Join one of our Patient and Public Involvement groups

There are several Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) groups which meet with researchers to provide a lay person’s point of view on their work and help them to decide where to focus their efforts.

You can contribute to their work as a patient adviser or representative by joining one of our advisory groups. Please click on the below links for more information and contact details for the groups.

Biomedical Research Centre Public Involvement Network

Biomedical Research Centre Research Advisory Group

South East London Consumer Research Panel for Cancer (SELCRP)

Cardiovascular Research Advisory Group

Dermatology Psoriasis and Eczema PPI group

Diabetes Patient Involvement Group

Erosive Tooth Wear PPI Group

Next Generation Medical Imaging Advisory Group

Respiratory Research Advisory Group

Stroke Research Patients and Family Group

Women’s Health Research Advisory Group

Young People’s Advisory Group

For more information or if you would like to discuss establishing an advisory group in a disease area not mentioned above, please contact our Patient and Public Involvement Lead,