- Develop advanced therapeutic and experimental medicine strategies delivered through Cluster 1 for autoimmune, inflammatory, infectious and neoplastic diseases;
- Develop biomarkers and co-diagnostics delivered through Cluster 2 for autoimmune, inflammatory, infectious and neoplastic diseases;
- Develop disease prevention strategies via phase I/II and biomarker/mechanism-focused studies in non-diabetic children at high risk of T1D;
- Identify patients with inflammatory arthritis most likely to respond to IL-17 blockade;
- Investigate basis for HIV persistence during antiretroviral therapy;
- Apply CAR T-cell immunotherapy to mesothelioma and solid tumours.
Michael Malim FRS FMedSci
Professor, Infectious Diseases; Head, Division of Immunology, Infection and Inflammatory Disease; Director, MRC-King’s Doctoral Training Partnership in Biomedical Sciences; Wellcome Trust Senior Investigator.