Date(s) - 04/03/2021
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Speaker: Salma Ayis
- Booking: Register online or for those without a King’s login complete this booking form
- Contact: email BRCtraining@gstt.nhs.uk or call 020 7188 7188 ext 53373
An introduction for anyone who is interested in finding out about how evidence from several studies on the same topic can be usefully combined. Concepts are explained through presentation of a real example and no mathematical formulae are presented.
By the end of the session, participants should be able to:
- Appreciate the benefit from carefully planning a systematic literature review
- Understand how the results from individual studies are represented graphically
- Identify and interpret the overall pooled effect and the 95% confidence interval
- Explain why there may be heterogeneity in the results of the individual studies
- Be more familiar with types of bias in primary studies and meta-analyses.
About the trainer
Dr Salma Ayis is a Reader in Medical Statistics at King’s College London.