Date(s) - 22/02/2021
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- Speaker: Karen Poole
- Booking: Register online or for those without a King’s login complete this booking form
- Contact: email BRCtraining@gstt.nhs.uk or call 020 7188 7188 ext 53373
This module aims to cover the basics of critically appraising quantitative research. It is not intended to cover statistical analyses in detail.
All attendees should read the pre-course reading material, which will be provided prior to the course.
Note also that staff from Guy’s and St Thomas’ and King’s College Hospital can attend sessions run by the King’s Library and Knowledge Services.
By the end of the session, participants should be able to:
- Identify principles of critical appraisal
- Identify areas to consider when appraising qualitative research
- Use a checklist to help critically appraise a piece of qualitative research
- Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of a piece of qualitative research as a group.
About the trainer
Karen Poole is a Learning and Teaching Manager in the Learning & Skills Department within Library Services.