Our Imaging Theme lead Professor Seb Ourselin has been elected as a Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering.

As well as leading our BRC’s  imaging theme, Professor Ourselin is Head of the School of Biomedical Engineering & Imaging Sciences at King’s College London.

Professor Ourselin is also Deputy Director of the AI Centre for Value Based Healthcare, based at St Thomas’ Hospital.

He said: “I am extremely honoured to have been elected and recognised by my peers. Over my career, I have been driven to bring patient-centric engineering research and innovation into medicine. This can only be achieved through co-creation between academia, industry and the NHS.

“I have been very fortunate to work with highly skilled and passionate colleagues across all sectors where, together, our ambition has been to make a difference to society.”

Sir Jim McDonald FREng FRSE, President of the Royal Academy of Engineering said: “Our Fellows represent the best of the best in the engineering world, and we welcome these 69 excellent and talented professionals to our community of business people, entrepreneurs, innovators and academics.”

Professor Ajay Shah, Executive Dean of the Faculty of Life Sciences & Medicine said: “I am delighted with Professor Seb Ourselin’s election as Fellow of the Royal Academy of Engineering. This recognition is a testament to outstanding achievements to engineer better health, a core objective of the School of Biomedical Engineering & Imaging Sciences.

“Seb’s work and that of the School is generating substantial patient benefits by driving healthcare engineering innovation, working in close partnership with clinicians across King’s Health Partners and with strategic commercial partners. His inspirational stewardship of the School is also the driving force for the burgeoning MedTech Hub that promises to deliver even greater clinical innovation and benefits.”

Share: