Eight new sessions of the NIHR Guy’s and St Thomas’ Biomedical Research Centre’s Implementing Patient & Public Involvement (PPI) in Research training programme are now open for booking.
The workshops, which are free to attend for researchers from King’s Health Partners organisations, are unique in the area of PPI as they are co-designed and co-delivered by trained members of our Patient and Public Advisory Group, giving participants the opportunity to discuss specific challenges in their own studies with experienced service users.
The training aims to:
- Provide an understanding of what effective Patient and Public Involvement (PPI) is and is not in the context of research
- Identify how patients and the public can be involved at each stage of the research cycle
- Consider the practical planning for effective PPI
- Understand what resources and support structures exist in the RDS and BRC.
Last year alone more than 100 researchers from a diverse range of clinical and research backgrounds attended the workshops which are hosted by the BRC and the Research Design Service London (RDS).
Feedback on these sessions from past delegates has helped to continuously improve the training. However, comments have been overwhelmingly positive
- “The workshop provided valuable and practical insights into effectively involving lay people in the research process, from setting research priorities and designing protocols to innovate ways for PPI in dissemination. The session was interactive and encouraged meaningful dialogue about PPI.”
- “the fact that this session was led by patients representatives who talk on their own experiences was both inspiring and highly valuable”
- “I really now feel confident especially on approaching PPI with researchers”
Further sessions are planned for:
- Thursday 8th February 2018 1.30-4.00 click here to register
- Tuesday 13th March 2018 9.00-11.30 click here to register
- Tuesday 12th June 2018 9.00-11.30 click here to register
- Wednesday 26th September 2018 1.30-4.00 click here to register
- Tuesday 1st November 2018 9.00-11.30 click here to register
- Wednesday 12th December 2018 1.30-4.00 click here to register
For more contact the team on firstname.lastname@example.org 0207 188 7188 extension 53524 or the Research Design Service team PPI@rdslondon.co.uk 020 7848 6226 www.rds-london.nihr.ac.uk/Patient-Public-Involvement.aspx