The Cancer theme focuses on early phase clinical trials and the development of prognostic and predisposition biomarkers informative for clinical decision making and screening for early detection.
Area of focus
Cluster One – Experimental Medicine and Therapeutics Cluster
- Develop and test in phase I and II trials immunomodulatory cell-based interventions.
- Develop and test in phase I antibody based interventions.
Cluster Two – Biomarkers, Co-Diagnostics, Imaging and Devices Cluster:
- Identify and validate biomarkers in breast cancer
- Identify and validate biomarkers in populations at high risk of lung cancer.
- Identify and validate biomarkers of predisposition in the local Black African and Caribbean population