FlowJo software training classes
Overview: The course is aimed at users with no or very limited prior FlowJo knowledge and those that know their way around the software but have advanced analysis requirements (large file numbers, complex multicolour panels, special applications) and will benefit from learning the tricks to a more effective use of the software. Users will be provided with example data for analysis while guided by the course providers.Training is done on FlowJo v10.
Frequency and duration: The course is offered three times a year on two consecutive days. One
training session runs for a whole day (10.00 – 17.00) with lunch break,
please bring your own lunch.
Cost and eligibility: The training is open to internal and external customers on a fee for service basis.
Location: 15th floor of Guys Tower Wing.
Class size: We train in groups of six delegates per course with two instructors present.
At the end of this module users will be able to:
- import raw flow cytometry data into FlowJo from any platform
- annotate and organise files to aid basic analysis
- use keywords for organising, analysing and batching medium to large data sets
- carry out post-acquisition compensation
- generate a statistical and graphical report of the experiment
- analyse data from special applications such as proliferation and cell cycle.
The 2017 course dates for the FlowJo software training are as follows:
- Monday 13 & Tuesday 14 March
- Monday 17 & Tuesday 18 July
- Monday 13 & Tuesday 14 November
Important for new users
Please complete the following steps to sign up for the core before you come to training.
- register with iLabs(steps 1 and 2)
- Request training via ilabs: Go to “request services”, choose “ 5.4 FlowJo Training” and submit to core. We will sign you onto the next available course.
- Submit a completed Flow core registration form to :BRCFlowCore
If you have any questions regarding any of these training sessions please email BRCFlowCore@gstt.nhs.uk]