Mass cytometry and high dimensional fluorescent flow cytometry approaches make it necessary to use advanced unsupervised data analysis tools such as viSNE, SPADE, CITRUS, Phenograph and others. The course is aimed at users with no or very limited prior knowledge on high dimensional data analysis and the CytoBank online platform. We will cover the standard data clean-up and analysis pipeline for mass cytometry and fluorescent flow cytometry data, basics of viSNE, SPADE and give an introduction to the CytoBank suite. Users will be provided with example data for analysis while guided by the course providers.
Frequency and duration: The course runs for a full day (10.00 – 17.00), three times per year.
Cost and eligibility: The training is open to internal customers only on a fee for service basis.
Location: 15th floor of Guys Tower Wing.
Class size: We train in groups of six delegates per course.
At the end of this module users will be able to:
- Normalize, concatenate and clean up mass cytometry data for downstream analysis
- Import fcs files into high dimensional software packages
- Properly annotate and organise files to aid downstream analysis
- Understand and be able to use viSNE and SPADE
- Generate and understand high dimensional data outputs (e.g Spade-tree, VisNe-Map, heatmaps)
- Produce heatmaps of various combined parameters
The remaining 2017 dates are as follows:
- Thursday, August 3
- Friday, December 1
Important for new users
Please complete the following steps to sign up for the core before you come to training.
- register with iLabs(steps 1 and 2)
- Request training via ilabs: Go to “request services”, choose “ 5.5 High dimensional training ” and submit to core. We will sign you onto the next available course.
- Submit a completed Flow core registration form to :BRCFlowCore
Also: Find out more about our most recent Mass Cytometry course.