Our expert team brings together the brightest minds in the field of biostatistics and data management.
This collaboration ranges from advice on study design and data collection through to innovative statistical methods to best exploit data to its full potential. The biostatistics and data management functions will frequently collaborate on the same research studies to optimise research activity but can work independently depending on the study requirements.
Making use of optimal, innovative statistical techniques, our team of experienced biostatisticians work with NIHR BRC researchers at the design phase and later on to ensure that all research data are captured in a manner that can answer the research questions with focus upon quality and validity and avoidance of avoidable bias. We can help with:
- Study design (sample size/power, choice of outcomes, phase and design of study)
- Clinical trials of all phases (first in human to phase IV) including adaptive and streamlined phase 1/2 and 2/3 trials
- Laboratory study statistics
- Dealing with multiplicity and missingness
- Statistical analysis and reporting and interpreting results
- Development of prognostic models including biomarkers
- Addressing reviewers’ comments on papers/reports
- Big data analytics.
For more information regarding biostatistical collaboration please contact Dr Catey Bunce.
Statistical consultancy appointments can be booked at firstname.lastname@example.org.
services ranging from advice on data management strategies to implementing complete data management solutions. We can help with:
- Non-CTIMP Database development: Creation of databases for clinical research including databases for service evaluation, randomised trials, patient on-line data entry and national registers. We use a variety of frameworks such as MedSciNet and REDCap. Please get in touch if you would like a demonstration
- Database management for CTIMP and Non CTIMP: Preparation and documentation for the management of data within studies
- Specialised Data Management Software: Software development services such as data repository loading software
- Statistical web application: Development of specialised web applications to implement statistical methods.
- Costing for new Research project applications: Advice on cost frameworks for new applications
- e-CRF: Design and development of electronic case report forms (eCRF) for many different types of projects.
For more information regarding data management support please contact Bola Coker.
NIHR Statistics Group
This national group was established out of King’s and is supported by BRC. The Group aims to bring together statisticians and researchers in NIHR research settings to share best practice. The Group has active working groups in ophthalmology, routine data, early phase trials, laboratory studies and more. We hold regular educational and networking meetings plus an annual conference. See the website for details or speak to Janet Peacock (Joint-lead) or Catey Bunce (Training lead).