Our PPIE team reports to the National Institute of Health Research on an annual basis and are required to give a detailed update on our progress.
We have also developed a five year strategy which identifies 10 strategic objectives
Training & Development
1. Maintain and enhance the infrastructure and professional capacity across our NIHR infrastructure to maximise PPI and PE in medical research.
2. Inform and monitor cultural change across the wider Research and Development teams to ensure that more patients, families and members of the public are taking
part in, or collaborating on, involvement and engagement.
3. Promote collaborative research ideation activities between Research and Development teams and PPI groups, addressing unmet needs along the patient
4. Routinely gather feedback from research participants to monitor research participant experience and identify where improvements are needed.
5. Improve and increase the dissemination of research findings from research studies with a particular focus on reaching those who participated.
Engagement & Networking
6. Contribute to development of national policy through our work with INVOLVE and the UKCRF Network.
7. Increase awareness of research within the Trust in non-research staff groups.
8. Promote NIHR research at GSTT/KCL within the local community to increase awareness of research activity.
9. Increase industry participation in PPI activities.
10. Establish methods of routinely collecting data on the reach and impact of our involvement and engagement work.
You can download our Patient and Public Involvement and Engagement Strategy here.
We will provide regular updates on the strategy and the projects we are running to achieve them here.