Our relationships with organisations such as our academic partners King’s College London provide valuable support in our work, while our partners benefit from our leading position in medical research and clinical trials.
They can also take advantage of our access to diverse populations and world class facilities.
Engagement with industry, healthcare and academic organisations is an essential part of our work to turn biomedical innovations into improved treatments for patients.
Centres of excellence
Some of our research is underpinned by the four Medical Research Council Centres based at King’s College London:
- MRC and Asthma UK Centre in Allergic Mechanisms of Asthma
- MRC Centre for Transplantation
- MRC-PHE Centre for Environment and Health
- MRC Social, Genetic and Development Psychiatry Centre
We also work with other externally funded centres of excellence:
- Breakthrough Breast Cancer Research Centre
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Centre
- British Heart Foundation Centre of Research Excellence
- NIHR Experimental Cancer Medicine Centre
- Arthritis Research UK’s Centre for Excellence in the Pathogenesis of Rheumatoid Arthritis
- NIHR Maudsley Biomedical Research Centre and Dementia Unit
- NIHR Clinical Research Network
- NIHR Research Design Service for London
A five-year strategic agreement with BD Biosciences enabling us to collaborate on the development of clinical diagnostics and research platforms for a range of immune diseases
Pharmaceutical company Pfizer is collaborating with our twin researchers in pain-related studies
Guy’s and St Thomas’ and King’s College London have a collaborative agreement with Quintiles, the biopharmaceutical development and commercial outsourcing firm
Our genomics facility is an officially certified Illumina site.
To find out more about collaborating with us, contact email@example.com or call 020 7188 5745