Do you want to contribute to the development of exciting research studies as an advisor to help improve healthcare outcomes for people?
As a patient or carer, you are an expert in your own or your family’s condition, with a vital contribution to make to research.
We believe that our research is at its best when patients, their families and researchers work together in partnership. And stronger research means improvements in care for your fellow patients and families.
That is why the Research and Development team at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, is inviting people just like you to apply to join our Research Advisory Group as a patient or carer representative.
What would I have to do?
- Work together with other patients and researchers to advise on the Patient and Public Involvement & Engagement strategy.
- Provide first-hand knowledge and expertise based on your experience as a patient or carer and a member of the community to help improve and enhance our research and maximise the benefits to patients.
How can I get involved?
- You do not need any previous experience of working with researchers, just a willingness to attend and contribute to advisory group meetings and an enthusiasm to be involved.
- You do need to be a resident of or work in Lambeth, Southwark or Lewisham or a patient of Guy’s and St Thomas’ in the last five years.
- We do ask that you or a family member has participated in a research study or cared for someone who has.
- Full training and support will be provided on how you can help in research.
Where and when will meetings be?
Meetings are held quarterly in London Bridge.
Our first meeting was held in Spring 2019. You can read the minutes from our meetings below.
All travel, childcare or carer expenses will be reimbursed, and refreshments will be provided.